M004 (E04) Coursework 2 (CW2)
Individual End-of-module Report
In the role of a management consultant prepare a succinct and detailed business report for the Board
of Directors of your chosen company report aimed at the Board of Directors. Extend your research
from coursework 1 on financial analysis of the performance of your company to include financial and
non-financial performance indicators; design a balanced scorecard and linked strategy map and
evaluate the techniques used.
You are required to use the same company as in coursework 1 but permitted to choose a different
company only in exceptional circumstances (for example if the company is no longer trading). Please
consult the latest List of Organisations that can be used. This is contained in CW1 instructions
document. Your seminar tutor will approve your choice of organisation sub-unit for CW2.
The vision strategy or goal that you identify can be published by the organisation (e.g. in their Annual
Report) or identified by yourself as appropriate for the organisation.
1. Identify the vision and strategy of either
the entire organisation or
one unit of the organisation or
one major long-term financial and strategic investment that the company is
2. Using published information and material from Coursework 1 prepare a Balanced
Scorecard suitable for use by the directors and managers of your organisation to
align business activities to the identified vision and strategy and to monitor
performance against strategic goals.
3. Build a strategy map to describe and explain how each aspect of the scorecard
can assist your company in achieving its goals and targets.
4. Summarise your recommendations to the Board.
5. Critically discuss and evaluate with reference to your particular case the use of
Balanced Scorecards for performance management and monitoring.
6. Provide a meaningful Executive Summary of approximately 200 words at the
beginning of your report.
7. Format your report professionally and acknowledge all sources according to CULC
This assignment tests achievement of all our module learning outcomes:
1. Select and apply appropriate accounting techniques to critically analyse financial data in a
variety of business decision making scenarios
2. Make informed financial judgements based on the outcome of such accounting analyses
3. Critically appraise the techniques used and the information to which they have been applied
4. Demonstrate an critical understanding to the internal external and legal environments in
which the judgements are being made
1. The maximum word count for the main text excluding tables is 2500 words.
Exceeding the word count by more than 10% can result in a reduction of marks.
Only the main text excluding any tables and diagrams counts also excluding the
contents page executive summary list of references and appendix.
2. The assignment must have a front cover stating:
Module number and name and seminar group number
Title of the assignment
Student name and ID
Word count as defined above
3. All pages must be numbered
4. An executive summary of approximately 200 words is required (not included in the overall
5. A short introduction is required (and included in the word count) even if it is not explicit in the
6. A reasonable number of appendices may be used for relevant supporting information and to
demonstrate your calculations and analysis.
YOU CAN ALSO PLACE OTHER SIMILAR ORDERS ON OUR WEBSITE AND GET AMAZING DISCOUNTS!!!”