Selling Today, 13e
Chapter 5 Communication Styles: A Key to
Adaptive Selling Today
8) In a selling situation, the reflective customer wants plenty
of facts presented as rapidly as possible.
9) Adapting to the customer’s preferred communication style can
enhance sales performance.
10) In the communication-style model, people who fall into zone
two display their unique behavior characteristics with less
intensity than in zone one.
11) The zones in the communication-style model might be thought
of as “intensity zones.”
12) Style flexing is the deliberate attempt to accommodate the
needs of your customer.
13) Tone of voice can be a clue to identifying a customer’s
14) If the prospect’s most preferred communication style is
reflective, the salesperson should avoid actions that are too